BioM: Jackson, Jean M. (1955)
Surnames: Jackson, Wilcenski, Annis, Rekowski, Tio, Di Sandro
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 02/02/1956
Jackson, Jean M. (19 NOV 1955)
St. Mary’s Catholic Church was the scene on Saturday, Nov. 19, 1955, of the nuptial rites for Jean M. Jackson and Jerome A. Wilcenski, 410 Wisconsin Ave. The Rev. John M. Voelker officiated in the double ring ceremony. An afternoon reception at 2115 Easy St. was held in honor of the bridal couple.
The daughter of Mr. and Mrs. George Annis, Elgin, Ill., was seen in a floor length bridal dress of Chantilly lace styled with a sweetheart neckline, pleating of net in the bodice front and a small collar at the back. The long tapering sleeves were of lace. A net and organdy pleating featured the skirt front. She wore a pill box type headpiece with fingertip veil and carried a bouquet of white carnations centered with a white orchid, with white ribbons and small ribbon streamers.
She was attended by Miss Lorraine Rekowski, as maid of honor; the groom’s sister ,Mary Ann, and the bride’s sister, Kathryn Jackson, as the two junion bridesmaids. They all wore melon colored dresses having taffeta bodices and net skirts with wide double ruffles. They wore matching headpieces and carried colonial bouquets of white carnations, yellow daisies and snapdragons.
The groom, who is the son of Mrs. Victoria Wilcenski, Gilman, chose his brother-in-law, John Tio, Jr., to be his best man. Another brother-in-law, Nick Di Sandro, and a nephew, Nick Di Sandro, Jr., were the ushers.
Mrs. Annis was attired in an aqua dress with white accessories for her daughter’s wedding. The groom’s mother had a charcoal grey suit with pink accessories. Both mothers wore corsages of pink carnations.
The bride is a graduate of Waukesha High School. The bridegroom attended high school at Gilman. They will live at 226 Estberg Av.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs