BioM: Boyd, JoAnn (1956)
Surnames: Wagner, Boyd, Sales, Smith, McGovern, Soderberg, Nelson
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 09/06/1956
Boyd, JoAnn (25 AUG 1956)
Richard L. Wagner, son of Mr. and Mrs. Wm. S. Wagner of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), and JoAnn Boyd, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. J. Phillip Boyd of Wyola, Mont., were married in a double ring ceremony performed by the Rev. Darrell A. Pearce at the First Baptist Church at Sheridan, Wyo., at 3:00 o’clock Saturday afternoon, Aug. 25th, 1956. About 250 persons were present for the occasion.
The bride, who was given in marriage by her father, wore a gown of imported Chantilly type lace and embroidered crystal Peau d’Soie. The scoop neckline of the pearl embroidered lace bodice was trimmed with seed pearls and sequins of floral lace appliques. The skirt was of embroidered Peau d’Soie and Chantilly lace, with lace ruffles cascading down the back to a full chapel length train.
Her fingertip veil of French pure silk illusion was attached to a coronet of seed pearls and iridescent sequins. She carried a cascade bouquet of white gladioli with pink rosettes.
Attending the bride as matron of honor was Mrs. Don J. Sales of Nucia, Colorado, and bridesmaids were Rita Smith, a friend, Letha Jean McGovern, the bride’s cousin and junior bridesmaid, the bride’s sister, Judy Mae Boyd, all of Wyola, Mont.
The matron of honor was attired in pink and the bridesmaids in turquoise gowns which were identical in style and were made of matching nylon tulle, with skirt and bodice of variegated coloring in ruffles, high sashes of pleated satin, strapless bodice, softened by matching stoles, white satin headpieces, gloves and shoes. The matron of honor carried a bouquet of pink glads and the bridesmaids yellow glad bouquets.
Wm. D. Wagner of Thorp attended his brother as best man. Ushering duties were performed by Gerald Soderberg of Thorp, Boyd E. Nelson of Crow Agency, Mont., and the bride’s brother, Joe Boyd, of Wyola, Mont. Mark Boyd, brother of the bride, served as ring bearer.
The groom and best man wore navy blue suits with white carnation boutonnieres and the ushers light suits.
During the ceremony vocal solos sung by Wm. Avery of Sheridan, were "Because" and "I Love You Truly," accompanied on the organ by Barbara Schoph of Sheridan.
For the occasion the pews of the center aisle of the church were decorated with white satin bows, vases of white gladioli with emerald beaus and white candles in in candelabra.
For her daughter’s wedding the bride’s mother wore a gown of pink satin with white accessories and white gladioli corsage. The groom’s mother was attired in a café au lait taffeta dress with brown trim and matching accessories. She wore a yellow gladiola corsage.
A wedding reception, given by the bride’s parents, was held at the ceremony in the Church Parlors arranged with floral decorations and the traditional five tiered white frosted wedding cake with pink roses.
The happy couple left shortly after on a wedding trip through the Black Hills and northern Wisconsin.
The bride is a graduate of Sheridan High School, Sheridan, Wyo., and has spent all her life at Wyola, Mont. The groom is a graduate of Thorp High School, Thorp, Wis., where he has lived all his life with the exception of two years in the U.S. Army. Both are seniors at Wis. State College, La Crosse, Wis., and they are making their home at 110 No. 18th St. in that city.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs