BioM: Bradley, Virjean (1949)
Contact: Audrey Rordl
Surnames: Bradely, Brandt
----Source: The Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark County, Wis. 30 June 1949)
Bradley, Virjean (11 JUNE 1949)
In a lovely wedding ceremony at 2 p.m. Saturday. June 11, at Zion Lutheran church in Stratford, Miss Virjean Bradley, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Harvey Bradley of the town of Emmet, Marathon county, pledged marriage vows with Pfc. John P. Brandt, son of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Brandt of Stratford, who is stationed at the Bolling air force base in Washington D.C. The Brandts were formerly residents of this vicinity.
The Rev. T. E. Diemer read the nuptial service, during which Mrs. Merlin Unteit sang "O Perfect Love" and "The Lord’s Prayer." Mrs. Arthur Zuehlke presided at the organ.
Gleaming ivory satin was used for the attractive wedding gown worn by the bride, who was presented by her father. It was styled with a nylon yoke accented with a lace trimmed satin cuff over the shoulders. The skirt front had a peek-a-boo effect, gathered up in the front to reveal a hoop of tiered lace. The soft folds of the skirt swept into a long train, which was gathered into a bustle at the back for the supper and dance following the ceremony. Her full length veil was bordered with wide lace and fell from a dainty tiara of seed pearls and rhinestones to the tip of her train. Her triple-strand pearl necklace was a gift of the groom. She carried a shower bouquet of red roses and white carnations, intermingled with fern, the white satin streamers looped with for-get-me-nots and sprays of fern.
Miss Janet Bradley attended her sister as maid of honor, wearing an orchid marquisette over taffeta gown designed with a peek-a-boo skirt revealing tiered lace and a snug bodice with drop-shoulder effect. The matron of honor, Mrs. Herman Frickenstein of Stratford, was attired in pink marquisette over taffeta, her gown accented with a sweetheart neckline.
The bridesmaids, Mrs. Romaine Rossow of Loyal, a cousin of the groom, and Miss Eileen Winistorfer of Stratford, a friend of the couple, also wore marquisette over taffeta, the former in nile green and the latter in blue. Accenting Mrs. Rossow’s dress were tiers of lace from the front of the skirt to the hemline and extending around the back of the
( the rest of the article not available)
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs