BioM: Froeba, Viola M. #2 (1952)
Surnames: Froeba, Uhlig, Zobrock, Grambot
----Source: Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark Co., Wis.) 05/08/1952
Froeba, Viola M. #2 (25 APR 1952)
Viola Marie Froeba, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Clarence Froeba, Loyal (Clark Co., Wis.), and Alfred Uhlig, son of Mr. and Mrs. Alvin Uhlig, Abbotsford, were united in marriage on April 25, 1952 in a ceremony performed by Rev. Paul Wolfe at St. Matthew’s Catholic Church in Milwaukee.
The bride selected a floor length gown of white satin with a nylon net overskirt. Her fingertip veil fell from a pearl and rhinestone crown. She wore nylon net gauntlets and carried a bouquet of red roses and white gladioli.
Maid of honor was Miss Catherine Froeba, Loyal, sister of the bride. She wore a yellow floor length gown designed with a net yoke, gauntlets and a picture hat. A rhinestone necklace and earrings, gift of the bride, enhanced her costume. Her bouquet was of peach colored gladioli.
Yvonne Uhlig, Abbotsford, sister of the groom, as bridesmaid, wore a green gown styled identically to the maid of honor’s, and a matching necklace and earring set. She also carried peach colored gladioli.
Dennis Zobrock served as best man and Ronald Grambot was the groomsman.
Viewing the wedding in a navy blue suit with white accessories was the bride’s mother, who wore a corsage of white carnations.
Guests from Loyal, Mayville, Milwaukee and Abbotsford were greeted at a reception at the Century Club in Milwaukee.
The bride and groom were graduated from high school in Loyal and Abbotsford respectively in 1950.
The couple is employed at Allis Chalmers, Milwaukee, where the groom is doing carpenter work and the bride is a mail clerk.
A dance was held on May 3rd in Colby Park Pavilion with music by the squires.
They will reside in Milwaukee after a honeymoon in Northern Wisconsin.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs