News: Granton Shop Fire Loss (9 Sept 1938)
Contact: Dolores Mohr Kenyon
----Source: Granton Sentinel (Granton, Clark Co., WI.) September 9, 1938
Granton Shop Fire Loss (9 September 1938)
Shoe and Harness Shop Has $500 Fire Loss Friday –
The local fire department was called out last Friday morning about 9:00 a.m. when fire started in the Nick Krump Shoe and Harness Shop.
Fire which started from an electric motor, spread with such rapidity, that Mr. Krump, who was working at one of the machines, barely escaped from the fire.
Ceiling, walls, and floor were badly scorched or burned. Considerable stock consisting of harnesses leather and other material was destroyed by the flames. One machine was considered as being completely ruined.
The fire insurance which was carried with the Clark County Agency of Neillsville completely covered the loss which was estimated at between $400 and $500.
The efficiency and speed of the local fire department was all that prevented a much larger fire.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs