BioA: Laabs, Mr./Mrs. Arthur #2 (Gold - 1959)
Surnames: Laabs, Bergstrom
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 06/04/1959
Laabs, Mr./Mrs. Arthur #2 (Gold - 29 MAY 1959)
Mr. and Mrs. Arthur G. Laabs celebrated their golden wedding anniversary at an open house in the Colby City Hall from two until six p.m. on Saturday May 30th.
Mrs. Laabs was born June 6, 1887 in the town of Little Black, 5 miles southwest of Stetsonville. Mr. Laabs was born on Dec. 22, 1885 in the town of Green Grove (Clark Co., Wis.), 7 miles west of Colby. They were married on May 29, 1909 in Stetsonville. They lived in Madison for one year, in Peshtigo six years, in Marshfield two years, on a farm near Colby 27 years, and in Colby 14 years. Mr. Laabs operated a cheese factory 4 miles northwest of Dorchester from 1902 - 1906. He attended the Wis. Dairy School during the winters of 1905 - 1906 and 1906-1907; was cheesemaker at the Curtis Cheese Factory in 1907; attended the Wis. Business College, La Crosse, during the winter of 1907 - 1908; was in charge of the creamery department at the Madison Dairy School and instructed in buttermaking from 1908 to 1910; owned and operated the Peshtigo creamery from 1910 to 1916; owned and operated Guernsey Hill farm at Colby from 1918 to 1945; was chosen a State Master farmer in 1929 and Key-Dairyman for Marathon County in 1944.
Since 1945 Mr. and Mrs. Laabs have lived in retirement at Colby. Their daughter, Mrs. Edward (Anita) Bergstrom, resides at Owen. She has two sons, Douglas, 18, and Randy, 11.
Cafeteria lunch was served by the Ladies Aid from three to six p.m. The room was decorated with bouquets of lilacs, tulips, honeysuckle, hydrangea and gold color mums on the tables.
There were 80 out of town relatives and friends, with a total attendance of 170 persons.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs