Obit: Ruege, William (1853 - 1914)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Surnames: Ruege, Lund, Eisentraut, Braatz, Hubbard, Schmidt, Jacobson, Krueger, Wendt
----Source: Neillsville Times (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) Mar 5, 1914
Ruege, William (1 Feb 1853 - 24 Feb 1914)
William Ruege, the subject of this sketch, was born at Schoenfeld, Kreis Randow, Pomerania, on Feb. 1, 1853, and died at his home in this city on Feb. 24, 1914. In young manhood he served in the German army for four years and came to the United States in 1876, locating in Jefferson County. On Dec. 24, 1879, he was united in marriage to Miss Mary Lund, at Cambridge and they came to Clark County in March, 1880, locating on a farm in the town of Grant, which became their home for 28 years. For the past six years Mr. and Mrs. Ruege were residents of this city. Deceased is survived by his wife and three daughters, the latter of whom are Mrs. Alvin Eisentraut, Mrs. Herman Braatz and Mrs. Clayton Hubbard. Also by seven grandchildren. Deceased also leaves his father, who is 84 years of age, two sisters and one brother.
Mr. Ruege was a man of exceptional characteristics, for in his nature were combined high integrity, honesty and great energy. He was of kindly nature and was held in the very highest esteem by all his friends and neighbors, and it was a matter of general regret that his life was terminated at the time when he was able to live in comfort and happiness.
The funeral was held last Friday, services being conducted by Rev. Schmidt at the Pleasant Ridge church and interment being made in the Grant Cemetery. Among those from away who attended the funeral were Mrs. J. M. Jacobson of Cambridge, a sister of Mrs. Ruege; Mrs. E. Krueger of Deerfield, a sister of the deceased; A. Wendt of Waterloo and Herman Wendt of Fitchburg.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs