News: Loyal - Citizens State Bank (Remodeling - 1962)
Surnames: Rogstad, Colby, Weyhmiller, Davel, Zuehlke, Schlinsog
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) March 22, 1962
Citizens State Bank, Loyal (Remodeling - 1962)
Extensive remodeling of the Citizen’s State Bank of Loyal has been completed. The last previous major remodeling of the building was done in 1935.
The front exterior has been finished with a twenty-four by eight-foot glass wall and doors, replacing the brick front. Lannon stone flanks the glass front with a modernistic canopy over the glass. Above the glass a charcoal mira-wall of porcelain enamel completes the new look.
The inside has wood paneled walls and a ceramic tile floor. Two small rooms on either side of the entrance have been removed to enlarge the lobby. The ceiling was lowered and features translucent fiberglass illuminated fixtures. The large lobby also has several built-in planters and Danish modern furniture in turquoise and orange.
The four teller cages have been replaced by five modern, blond Formica teller counters.
The former bookkeeping room, at the southwest corner of the bank, has been converted into a private office with facilities for directors’ meetings. The bookkeeping office has been added on the second floor.
Baseboard heating and also an inter-office communication system have been installed. All lighting fixtures are fluorescent.
General contractor and designer for the project was Vernon Rogstad of Loyal.
The Citizen’s State Bank has been in operation since 1909 and in 1959 celebrated its 50th anniversary. Officers and directors are J. R. Colby, president; George Weyhmiller, vice president; Paul A. Davel, executive vice president and cashier: George Zuehlke, assistant cashier; Ewald Schlinsog, assistant cashier and manage of (the rest of the article is missing).
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.