Obit: Goodager, Evan N. (1859 - 1942)
Surnames: Goodager, Evenson
----Source: Humbird Enterprise (Humbird, Clark Co., Wis.) 07/18/1942
Goodager, Evan N. (25 MAY 1859 - 11 JUL 1942)
Evan N. Goodager, resident of Tindahl district in the town of Cleveland (Jackson Co., Wis.) for more than fifty years, died at the hospital in Black River Falls on July 11th, 1942, after being in failing health for a number of years. He was 83 years, 1 month and 16 days of age at the time of his death.
Mr. Goodager was born on May 25, 1859 in Stange Hede Marken, in Norway, where he resided until coming to America in June 1881. He was united in marriage with Miss Matty Evenson, who was also from the same place in Norway, in Eau Claire, on Nov. 8, 1883.
He had learned the typesetting trade in Norway, and he followed that trade after coming to the States, working on Norwegian papers in Minnesota and North Dakota.
In 1891 the family moved on a farm near Augusta, residing there for five years. On Nov. 7, 1896, the family moved onto the homestead in the town of Cleveland, which was his home until the time of his death. He had been in failing health for the past eight years.
Of the three daughters and two sons born to Mr. and Mrs. Goodager, only one son, Nels, is left to mourn his death. His wife passed away eighteen years ago, being an invalid for several years before her death.
In earlier years Mr. Goodager was a frequent visitor to our village (Humbird, Clark Co., Wis.). He was an industrious and upright citizen and was well liked by all neighbors and friends. He became a member of the Modern Woodmen in 1894.
The remains were brought to this village, and funeral services were held at the Free Methodist Church Monday afternoon, the Rev. W.T. Fensome officiating. Burial was in the family lot in the cemetery not far from the home farm.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs