Obit: Phillips, Charles A. (1880 - 1944)
Surnames: Phillips, Fitzmaurice, Shramek, Klingbell, Millheam, Sosnouski, Woodford, Jungheim, Eldridge, Harrian
----Source: Humbird Enterprise (Humbird, Clark Co., Wis.) 08/05/1944
Phillips, Charles A. (19 MAR 1880 - 26 JUL 1944)
Charles August Phillips, a son of Leonidas and Louise Phillips, was born at Neillsville, March 19, 1880. The family moved to this vicinity when he was a youth. On Sept. 3rd, 1902, he was united in marriage, at Osseo, with Miss Mary Fitzmaurice. Their home was on farms hereabouts until twenty years ago. Since then it has been in Eau Claire.
He passed away quite suddenly at his home at 114 ½ Grand Ave. West, in that city, on Wednesday afternoon, July 26, at the age of 64 years, 4 months and 5 days.
Burial services were held at the Stokes & Sons Chapel in Eau Claire, Saturday afternoon at 1:30, and at the Methodist Church in this village, at 3:30, the Rev. C.E. Nestrande officiating. Burial was in Mentor Cemetery. Many relatives and friends came from away to attend the services. And many beautiful floral emblems and sprays nearly covered the casket and rostrum.
Mr. Phillips had been an employee of the Gillett plant in Eau Claire for the past number of years.
Surviving are his wife, five sons, John A., Eau Claire, Virgil, Mondovi, David, with the army in Italy, Hugh, in the navy at St. Paul, Carl, Eau Claire; four daughters, Mrs. Louise Shramek, Humbird, Mrs. Viva Klingbell, Eau Claire, Mrs. Hilda Millheam, Beloit, Mrs. Caryl Sosnouski, Eau Claire; and sixteen grandchildren. He is also survived by three brothers; William of Humbird, Clarence of Merrillan, Ernest of La Crosse; and four sisters; Mrs. Carrie Woodford of Humbird, Mrs. Della Jungheim of Plainview, Minn., Mrs. Mina Eldridge of Thompson Falls, Montana, and Mrs. Ella Harrian of Los Angeles.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs