News: Granton - Paulson Engines (4 Feb 1910)
Contact:Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Paulson, Lang, Scharmann
----Source: The Granton News (Granton, Clark Co., WI.) February 4, 1910
Paulson Engines (4 February 1910)
With so many gasoline engines on the market it is not to be wondered at that the average purchaser often gets the worst of the bargain. Some are good engines and some are good for nothing. We have no hesitancy in saying that the Paulson engine made in this city is one of the best on the market. It is simple in parts and in every way made to withstand the rugged uses these machines are put to. Since beginning their manufacture a year ago Messrs Lang & Scharmann have put about 20 on the market and in every instance no word of complaint has yet been heard. So general has become their praise it is the intention of this concern to enter into their manufacture on a large scale and if needs be they will enlarge their factory to carry on the work. Last week two engines one six and the other eight horse power left the shop having been purchased by farmers in this section.
Through pride of our local factory the News asks of those interested in the purchase of a gasoline engine to investigate the Paulson before placing their order. It is a combination of strength, durability and workmanship found in but few gasoline engines. The Paulson engine derives its name from its Patentee, Peter Paulson of the Town of Lincoln a natural born mechanic. - Marshfield News
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs