News: Lynn (9 Feb 1906)


Surnames: Garbush, Gaden, Thompson, Williams, Opelt, Biel, Altenburg, Tilton, Brooks, Marg, Erhart


----Source: Granton News (Granton, Clark Co., Wis.)  02/09/1906


Mask Ball at Lynn Hall on Saturday eve, Feb. 17, 1906.  Good music will be in attendance.  An oyster supper will be served at the Lynn Hotel.  Tickets to the dance and supper are $1.00.  Arthur Garbush is caller.  Everybody is cordially invited.  Peter Gaden, Proprietor.


Albert Thompson of Valley Jct. is visiting his brother W. Thompson and family.


Mrs. Mary Williams is reported to be on the sick list.


Max Opelt and father transacted business at the county seat this week.


P. Gaden is preparing to give a mask ball at the town hall on the 17th of this month.


The heading mill started Tuesday morning to cut the bolts that have been piling up around the mill since good sleighing came.


The Ladies Aid will meet with Mrs. John Altenburg Jr. next Saturday afternoon and evening.  Everybody is invited to come.  A ten cent supper will be served from five o’clock and as late as it may be called for.  Tehre will be some musical entertainment in the evening.


Adolph Biel has taken possession of the Breseman building opposite the depot and will soon have a fine line of wallpaper and paints on hand for sale and will be prepared to do all kinds of painting and repairing vehicles of all sorts.  He is a fine workman and those who have seen his work know its value.  He comes here well recommended and we hope he will have success.


Mrs. Libbie Altenburg visited relatives at Lindsey last Sunday,


Geo. Brooks transacted business at Granton Tuesday.


Adolph Biel was a business caller at Neillsville this week.


Mrs. Lester Tilton of Neillsville was the guest of Mrs. Nichols a number of days last week, while on her way to Lindsey.


About 4 o’clock yesterday morning Henry Marg was awakened by a noise which seemed to emanate from the saloon and he made great haste to investigate. He found the saloon to be on fire and the noise to have been caused by the stove falling over.  He called Henry Erhart and by almost superhuman efforts on the part of both the fire was extinguished, leaving a burned a apace 8 x 10 feet.



© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.


Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.


Become a Clark County History Buff


Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.


Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel