BioM: Tomkowiak, Lorraine (1958)
Surnames: Tomkowiak, Michalski, Willner, Leinwander, Bilgrien
----Source: Thorp Courier (Thorp, Clark Co., Wis.) 06/26/1958
Tomkowiak, Lorraine (14 JUN 1958)
The wedding of Miss Lorraine Tomkowiak, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Peter Tomkowiak of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), to Marvin Michalski, son of Mr. and Mrs. William Michalski of Marshfield, Wis., took place on Saturday, June 14th, 1958 at 10 a.m. at St. Hedwig’s Catholic Church. Rev. Francis Piekarski performed the double ring ceremony which was followed by a nuptial mass.
The bride, given in marriage by her father, for her wedding wore a floor length gown with a skirt of alternating tiers of lace and tulle ruffles over taffeta. A fitted bodice od Chantilly lace with long sleeves and a Sabrina neckline of tulle edged with lace was trimmed with seed pearls and sequins. Her nylon net fingertip veil with lace headpiece was set with pearls and rhinestones. She carried a cascade bouquet of white sweetheart roses and stephanotis.
Judy Michalski, a sister of the groom, was the maid of honor, and Mrs. Theresa Tomkowiak, a sister-in-law of the bride, Lois Michalski and Rose Tomkowiak, a sister of the bride, were the bridesmaids.
The maid of honor wore an aqua floor length taffeta gown with alternating tiers of lace and net ruffles. The strapless bodice was fashioned with a tucked front over which she wore a lace bolero. A matching aqua coronet headpiece with circular veil completed her ensemble, and she carried a colonial bouquet of aqua and white carnations. The bridesmaids wore gowns of pale orchid with headpieces and veils identical to the maid of honor and their colonial bouquets were of orchid and white carnations.
The bride chose Barbara Willner of Edgar, a niece of the groom, to be the flower girl, and she wore a floor length white gown with a headpiece identical to the maid of honor, and carried a basket of white sweetheart roses and lilies of the valley.
The best man, Ed Tomkowiak of Thorp, brother of the bride, and the other attendants of the groom, Pat Leinwander of Marshfield and Earl Bilgrien of Milwaukee, friends of the groom, wore midnight blue trousers with white dinner jackets and boutonniere of white carnations. The ring bearer, Eddie Tomkowiak, a nephew of the bride, also wore midnight blue trousers with a white dinner jacket and a white rose boutonniere.
Attending her daughter’s wedding Mrs. Tomkowiak wore a beige dress with white accessories and Mrs. Michalski, the groom/s mother..(a line was missing from my copy)
A dinner for 125 guests was served in St. Hedwig’s Parish Hall and the reception in the evening was attended by 350 guests.
After a honeymoon through southern states the happy couple will make their home at Marshfield, where the bride had attended St. Joseph’s School of Nursing and is employed as a nurse, and where the groom is employed at the Felker Brothers Manufacturing Co.
Out of town guests attending the wedding were from Withee, Marshfield, Neillsville, Stanley, Loyal, Milwaukee, Greenwood, Edgar, West Allis, Abbotsford, Stratford, Medford, Wauwautosa, Eau Claire, Pray, Lublin, Owen, Wisconsin and Chicago, North Brook, Zion and River Grove, Ill.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.