News: Granton (Cox Fire - 1963)


Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon



Surnames: Cox, Steiner


----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) March 14, 1963


Granton (Cox Fire - 1963)


The Granton Fire Department was called Friday to the Ervin Cox home, where a gas stove exploded as Mrs. Cox turned on the burner.  Mr. Cox, a teacher in the Granton School, had left for school at the time of the explosion. There were no injuries, but damage was done to a refrigerator that was charred and smoke-and-water damage.


Mrs. Cox and two children were cared for at the Francis Steiner home. A faulty regulator was believed to have caused the explosion.



© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.


Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.


Become a Clark County History Buff


Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.


Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel