News: Lynn (25 Apr 1913)


Surnames: Altenburg, Opelt, Dankemyer, Marg, Wendfeld, Hertig, Washburn, Lee, Faber, Viergutz, Bell, Becker, Gotter, Schlinsog, Beecher, Nitschke, Goebel, Brooks, Hankey,


----Source: Granton News (Granton, Clark Co., Wis.)  04/25/1913


Albert Altenburg and uncle Chas. Altenburg returned to their home at Hazel Green the last of the week.


Arthur Opelt made a business trip to Sherwood Monday.


Aug. Dankemyer and family of Chili spent Sunday with the Ed Riedel family.


A surprise was given Gust Marg on his birthday last Sunday.


Mrs. Rose Wendfeld, nee Hertig, of Michigan was visiting relatives for several weeks at this place.


Mrs. R.T. Washburn visited with Mrs. T.F. Lee and Ruth last Friday.


Max Opelt will give a dance at the Lynn bowery next Saturday evening, April 26.


Miss Adeline Faber went with the crowd to Marshfield last week.  We omitted her name.


Mr. and Mrs. Rudolph Viergutz of Canada are reported to have a fine boy.


A.W. and Paul Bell are painting the interior and exterior of the O.W. Becker residence.


Aug. Gotter, henry Schlinsog and Richard Gotter went to Abbotsford Thursday of last week to attend the funeral of Mr. Gotter’s sister.


The R.C. Beecher family of Granton spent Sunday with their son and family.  Little Martin returned home with them for a visit.


O.W. Becker transacted business at Chili on Monday.


Marth Nitschke visited several days at John Goebel’s last week.


Mr. and Mrs. Chas. Brooks spent Sunday at Geo. Brooks’.


After spending the winter with her son George, Mrs. Brooks returned home to Neillsville on Tuesday.


Last Sunday morning while Mrs. Fred Hankey was busy with the morning work int eh kitchen she noticed a smell of smoke.  As all the doors and windows were closed there was no draft and on looking in her bedroom the smoke was so dense that she could not see anything but a small blaze in the bed and called for help at once.  The bedding was nearly all burned up, the quilts and a pair of trousers of Mr. Hankey’s.  It is not known how the fire originated but thought that Mr. Hankey dropped a spark from his pipe when he had returned after breakfast to get some of his clothes.  Considerable damage was done but the fire was soon extinguished.



© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.


Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.


Become a Clark County History Buff


Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.


Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel