Obit: Quast, Hugo (1893 - 1960)
Surnames: Quast, Bayuk, Pauly, Kinnear, Prock, DeKennen
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 03/10/1960
Quast, Hugo (20 AUG 1893 - 1 MAR 1960)
Hugo Quast, 66, a former rural carrier out of the Thorp Post Office, died of a stroke Tuesday, March 1st, 1960 at the Marshfield Hospital where he had been a patient since Feb. 28th. He suffered a stroke six and a half years ago and had been partially paralyzed since that time.
He was postmaster at Granton, Wis., when he became ill and moved to Marshfield shortly after.
Mr. Quast was born at Jefferson, Wis. on Aug. 20, 1893, and went to Greenwood (Clark Co., Wis.) with his parents where he received his education. He came to Thorp before World War I and served as rural carrier until he was called to the army, and returned to Thorp after the war to again work as carrier. He transferred to Greenwood rural route about 1921 and several years later was transferred to Willard, Wis., where he served as postmaster for many years.
Several years ago he transferred to Granton, Wis., as rural carrier and later was appointed postmaster, in which capacity her served until his illness.
He was a member of the Knights of Columbus, the American Legion, the Holy Name Society and the National Association of Retired Postal Employees.
Surviving are his wife; a daughter, Sister M. Callista, St. Joseph’s hospital, Marshfield; four sisters, mrs. John Pauly and Mrs. Robert Kinnear, both of Milwaukee; Mrs. Linus Prock and Mrs. August DeKennen, both of Neillsville, and one brother, John Quast, Milwaukee.
He was preceded in death by two daughters, one brother and one sister.
Funeral services were held at 9:30 Saturday morning at St. John’s Catholic Church in Marshfield, the Rt. Rev. Msgr, A.N. Schuh officiating, and interment in Gate of Heaven Cemetery there.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs