Obit: Clute, Curtis H. (1859 - 1938)
Surnames: CLUTE BACBOCK DATZ WALKER NOETZEL STAFFORD SCHWARZE BUKER AFKEND KEINER VINGER JOHNSON BEHRENS RUSH THOMAS
----Source: Greenwood Gleaner 2/ /1938
OBITUARY OF C. H. CLUTE (1859 - 1938)
Curtis H. CLUTE, son of Dow and Mary CLUTE, was born September 17, 1859 at Mauston, Wisconsin and spent most of his early life there and where on November 7, 1888 he was united in marriage to Miss Delia BACBOCK. They resided at Janesville and La Crosse coming to Greenwood 43 years ago and have made their home here ever since.
Mr. CLUTE was engaged in the real estate and insurance business and had been a notary public for 49 years. He was at one time president of the F. M. Bank and had been Justice of the Peace and alderman.
Mr.s Clute passed away at his home on Sunday, January 30, 1938, of asthma and low blood pressure.
He is survived by his wife, one son Leon of Haver, Mont., a daughter, Mrs. W. J. B. (Gertrude) DATZ of Chicago two brothers, Harvey of Sanford, Fla., a sister, Mrs. Mary J. WALKER, Janesville.
Funeral services were held Wednesday afternoon at 2:00 o'clock from the Methodist church, Rev. C. R. GAYLORD officiated. Interment was in the Greenwood cemetery.
Pallbearers were A. H. NOETZEL, I. W. STAFFORD, Elmer JOHNSON, Adolph SCHWARZE, A. C. BUKER and Martin AFKEND.
Those who cared for the floweres were Mmes. Henry KEINER, Palmer VINGER, Elmer JOHNSON, and Fred BEHRENS.
Mr. CLUTE was a familiar figure and a friend to everyone who knew him. He was a good neighbor and did what he could to make the lives of others happier and better in every way.
Those from out of town who attended the funeral were Leon CLUTE and daughter Geraldine (Mrs. Lionel DATZ, Chicago Mr. and Mrs. George BOWERS and Richard CLUTE, Hayward W. J. RUSH and Mrs. J. R. THOMAS, Neillsville, Dr. and Mrs. F. A. BOECKMAN, Marshfield.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created
and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs