|Rottjer, Esther (1901 - 1980)|
|ROTTJER ANDERSON ERICKSON COOK|
----Source: Tribune-Record-Gleaner (Clark County, Wis.) 08/27/1980
Rottjer, Esther (1901 - 1980)
Funeral services for Mrs. Esther Rottjer, 79, of 113 Mill St., Loyal, Clark County, were conducted at the Rinka Funeral Home, Loyal, at 11 a.m., Saturday, Aug. 23.
Mrs. Rottjer died of an apparent heart attack on Tuesday, Aug. 19, 1980.
Officiating was Rev. Charles Sanford. Mrs. Verlund Dux and Mrs. Ervin Dux were the singers and Mrs. John Olsen was organist. Burial was in the Loyal Cemetery.
Esther Anderson was born on July 13, 1901 to Augusta (Erickson) and August Anderson.
She was educated in the Neillsville Public Schools and graduated from Neillsville High School in 1920. She was also a member of the Congregation Church at Neillsville.
After graduation from high school she was deputy clerk of court for Clark county for four years prior to her marriage on Nov. 8, 1924, to Henry Rottjer of Loyal.
After their marriage they lived in Loyal where Esther worked in the post office and part-time at the Citizens State Bank.
From 1928 through 1935 they lived in Riplinger, managing a feed mill. In 1935, they moved back to Loyal where Esther sold insurance for 20 years.
She was a member of the Loyal Community Chest, Red Cross Chapter and helped with the cancer drives. Esther was a member of the Loyal United Methodist Church, Women's Society, a 50 years member of Iris Chapter of Eastern Star, Royal Neighbor Lodge for 50 years and past matron club of Eastern Star.
Her husband preceded her in death. She is survived by one daughter, Janet Cook, Waukesha and two grandsons and one brother, Victor Anderson.
Preceding her in death were seven sisters and brothers.
Dennis Cook, Roy Cook, Larry Cook, Lee Cook, John Rottjer and Earl Knitt, Jr. served as pallbearers. Rinka Funeral Home, Loyal, was in charge of arrangements.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs