School: Loyal H.S. Forensic Contest (15 Mar 1958)
Surnames: Denk, Foelske, Garbisch, Meyer, Hannan, Noeldner, Haselow, Wucherpfennig, Schaefer, Wolter, Pieper, Will, Rossow, Mendel, Welsh, Ellison, Roder
----- Source: Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark Co., Wis.) 03/20/1958
Loyal High School was host to the league forensic contest Saturday, March 15th, 1958. School represented were Greenwood , Granton, Spencer and Loyal. The first place trophy for the greatest number of points scored by all contestants from any one school was won by Greenwood, with Loyal winning the trophy awarded for second place.
Loyal contestants and their ratings were as follows:
• Interpretive Reading - LaVonne Denk, B; Nelson Foelske, A.
• Original Oratory - Maryann Garbisch, B; Frederick Meyer, B+.
• Humorous Declamations - Terry Hannan, B; Carol Noeldner, A.
• Extemporaneous Reading - Karen Haselow, A.; Lois Wucherpfennig, B.
• Non-Original Oratory - Arlene Schaefer, B.; Diana Wolter, A.
• Non-Humorous Declamations - Mary Pieper, B-; Rebecca Will, B.
• Four-Minute Speech - Nancy June Rossow, A; Herbert Mandel, B-.
• Play Reading - Judy Welsh, Phyllis Erickson, Margaret Roder, B.
Those students earning a A rating are legible to compete in the district forensic contest at Stevens Point on Saturday, March 29th.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs