Bio: Peterson, Andrew (1820 - ?)
Surnames: PETERSON, ISAACSON, HANSON
----Source: 1918 History of Clark Co., WI, by Franklyn, Curtiss-Wedge
Andrew Peterson, 1820
Andrew Peterson and Children
ANDREW PETERSON, a well known and respected citizen of Eaton Township, residing in Section 10, was born in Norway June 12, 1820. When a young man he emigrated to America, settling at Black River Falls, Wis., he followed the trade of shoemaker, which he had learned in Norway. There also he was married to Olive Isaacson, who, like himself, was a native of Norway. Black River Falls then contained but a few settlers, he and his wife being among the first. Later he came to Neillsville, where he opened the first shoe shop, conducing it until 1882. Then for two years he conducted a shoe shop in Greenwood.
He now turned his attention to agricultural pursuits, buying sixty-two acres of land in Section 10, Eaton Township, where he moved with his family. On this tract, which was all wild land, he built a log house, 16 by 24 feet, containing two rooms downstairs and two upstairs. This dwelling has since been remodeled and is now occupied by his son, Albert C. Peterson. With the help of this son and another son, Ray, and also with that of Miss Carrie Hanson, a maiden lady, who came from Norway in 1879, Mr. Peterson cleared and developed the farm, Also buying more land until he had 140 acres, including the original tract. The home place, having been taken over by his sons, Albert and Edward, is now in possession of Albert, the other son having sold his interest to his brother and moved to North Dakota. Mr. Peterson helped to establish the Norwegian Church of Greenwood, of which he is a member, and for many years has been one of the leading citizens of the community. His wife died at the age of 38 years, having been the mother of five children: Marie, Isabella, Albert, Edward and Oliver, the last mentioned of whom died at the age of eight days.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs