Bio: Bolger, John (History - 1823)
Contact: Janet Schwarze
Surnames: BOLGER CRAWLEY GRAHAM
----Source: 1891 Bio.
Hist. Of Clark Jackson Co., Wisconsin, pg. 191:
JOHN BOLGER, a successful farmer of Jackson County, was born in Irving, this county, March 8, 1855, the son of John Bolger, who was born in Wexford County, Ireland, in 1823. about 1845 he came to this country, and in 1854 settled in Jackson County, and at his death owned 600 acres of land in the town of Irving. Politically he was a Democrat, and religiously a member of the Catholic Church. Our subject's mother, Mary (Bolger) Bolger, was born in Kilkenny County, Ireland, and is now living with her son, James in Irving, Jackson County. She is a daughter of John and Margaret Bolger, both natives of that country, and members of the Catholic Church. Mr. and Mrs. Bolger had five children, namely: Mary A., John, James, Margaret and Mary A. Only two are still living: John and James.
The subject of this sketch was reared and educated on a farm in Irving, this county. He lived with his father until the latter's death in 1889, and now owns 350 acres in section 22, most of which he inherited from his father, and where he carried on general farming and stock-raising. Politically he is a Democrat, and is a member of the Town Board.
Mr. Bolger was married January 31, 1882, to Loretta Crawley, who was born in this county, September 29, 1860, the daughter of Michael and Deborah (Graham) Crawley. The parents were both natives of Ireland, but came to this country in an early day, and subsequently located in Jackson County, Irving Township, where the father died, and where the mother still resides. He was a farmer by occupation, and both were members of the Catholic Church. Mr. and Mrs. Bolger have five children, viz.: John R., James M., Charles R., Hugh J. and Archie W.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs