|Christofferson, Henry Herbert (History - 1875)|
|CHRISTOFFERSON CHRISTOPHERSON ANDERSON SCHEMMER|
----Source: 1918 History of Clark County, Wisconsin
HENRY HERBERT CHRISTOFFERSON, M. D., of Colby, Wis., was born at Waupaca, Wis., March 27, 1875. His parents were James and Sophia Christofferson, the mother's family name being Anderson. They were natives of Denmark, in which country they were married. Coming to the United States in 1865, they settled in Waupaca County, Wis., taking a homestead and living for a number of years amid pioneer surroundings, the father having to carry supplies on his back for many miles. He was a carpenter by trade and spent several years in Oshkosh as a builder. He and his wife are now living in Waupaca, where, in 1915 they celebrated their golden wedding. They had four sons and one daughter, all of the sons becoming physicians. The daughter, Mary, is now dead. Andrew L. is a physician at Oshkosh, Wis. Peter J., is following the same profession at Waupaca, and Henry H. and Albert M., at Colby. Henry H. Christofferson acquired his elementary education in the public schools of Waupaca County and was graduated from the Waupun high school in the class of 1898.
After that he spent two years in Battle Creek Academy, at Battle Creek, Mich., and in 1902 was graduated from the medical department of St. Louis (Mo.) University. He then located at Loyal, Clark County, where he practiced for over nine years, at the end of that time coming to Colby and forming a partnership with his brother Albert. On Aug. 1, 1917, a corporation was formed, the Colby Medical Association, with A. L. Schemmer, president Albert M. Christofferson, vice president, and H. H. Christofferson, secretary and treasurer.
Besides having a good medical practice Dr. Christofferson is president of the Clark County Medical Society, and a member of the state medical society. He was one of the organizers of the Citizens State Bank of Loyal, and is one of its present directors, and is secretary and treasurer of the Clark County Telephone Company. For six years he was a member of the Loyal City Council, and in 1914 was elected to the Clark County board of supervisors, in which position he is still serving, being a member of the road and bridge committee. His fraternal society affiliations are with Colby Lodge, No. 204, F. A. M., and the Chapter at Neillsville.
Dr. Christofferson was married July 26,
1899, to Rieke Christianson, who was born at Racine, Wis., in 1876,
daughter of Nels Christianson. Her father was a merchant at Racine
who died when she was young, and whose only other child was a
daughter, now the wife of Lynn Church, who is connected with the
employment department of the Marshall Field store at Chicago.
The Marshfield Story Vol. 2, Windows to Our Past, Page 537.
John Hederer Town of Rock b 26 Mar 1901
In his late teen years he was employed by Dr. H. H. Christopherson (Christofferson) and Dr. A. Schemmer of Colby as a driver of the doctors' horses and snowmobiles.
Spencer WI Centennial 1874-1974 P 77
The first telephones in Spencer were were cooperatively owned. The only Bell telephone was in the hotel. Later the Clark County telephone Company of which Dr. Christopherson of Colby was president, took over the lines and was called the Spencer Exchange. The Clark County telephone Company, a part of the Consolidated Telephone Company of Wisconsin, was sold to Commonwealth General Telephone Company in 1919.
Janet Schwarze, Ken Wood.
Obit: Christofferson, Henry H. #1 (1875 - 1953)
Obit: Christofferson, Henry H. #2 (1875 - 1953)
Christofferson, Mr./Mrs. H. H. (50th - 1949)
Christofferson, H. H. (Appointment to Board - 1949)
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.