Hans P. Benson, 1870
email@example.com on Sun, 11 Feb 2001
Surname: BENSON, JENSEN, ANDERSON, ERICKSON
----Source: History of Clark County, Wisconsin (1918), by Franklyn, Curtiss-Wedge
HANS P. BENSON, who is making good progress along agricultural lines on a farm of 120 acres in Worden Township, was born in Denmark, Sept. 16, 1870, a son of Ben and his wife, Mettie, whose family name was Jensen. The father, a farmer, died in 1909, at the age of 87 years; the mother is still living in Denmark. Hans P. Benson came to America in 1891, locating first in Freeborn County, Minn., where he engaged in farming, afterwards following the same occupation in Stevens County, that state.
In 1901 he bought his present farm in Worden Township, Clark County, Wis., of which 110 acres are now cleared, Mr. Benson having made all the improvements. These include the remodeling of the house into a modern dwelling of eleven rooms. In 1909 he built a barn 38 by 96 feet, with fifty-two stalls for cattle, concrete floor and stone basement. His cattle are of the Holstein breed, and he has one registered bull. Among his other buildings are two silos, one concrete of 110 tons, the other a stave silo of the same capacity. He also breeds Poland-China hogs. Mr. Benson is one of the most enterprising farmers in his township; he is constantly improving his place, the value of which is increasing from year to year.
He was married
Sept. 11, 1902, to Marie Anderson, of Madison, Wis., a daughter of
Carl and Carolina (Erickson) Anderson, both of whom are now living,
her father being a blacksmith and mechanic. She was one of ten
children, eight of whom are living. Mr. and Mrs. Benson are the
parents of six children-Fern, born in 1903; Harold, 1904; Norma,
1906; Alfred, 1908; Doris, 1911, and Grant, 1913. All are residing
at home. Mr. Benson was one of twelve children, but he and his
brother Carl were the only members of the family to come to
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs