Peter F. & Margaret Ann (Morgan) Simmons
Greenwood, Clark Co., Wisconsin
Peter F. Simmons was born in 1847. In 1869, he married Margaret Ann Morgan who was born in Colburn, Canada, Feb. 12, 1850. After 1887, they resided on a farm in the township of Eaton, Clark Co., Wisconsin just one and a half miles southeast of Greenwood. It was a "stump farm" which they cleared themselves, transforming it to productive fields.
They were the parents of two children, S. A. Simmons and Mrs. May Eggett.
Both Peter and Margaret are buried in the Greenwood Cemetery.
Peter may have fought in the Civil War. The regiment possibilities are:
1. Pvt., Co. D, 27th Michigan Infantry
2. Pvt., Co. D, 2nd Massachusetts Cavalry
3. Pvt.-Sgt., Co. G, 121st New York Infantry
4. Pvt., Co., I, 30th OH Infantry
5. Pvt., Union Cavalry, General Service Cavalry (Regular Army)
6. Pvt., Union Cavalry, West Point Cavalry Detachment (Regular Army)
7. Pvt., Co. A, 12th Regiment, US Infantry (Regular Army)
Please contact us if you can confirm or eliminate any of these connections.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs