BioM: Johns, Edith (1925)
Surnames: Johns, Hepburn, Augustine, Droege, Stauss, Severson, Baker
----Source: Greenwood Gleaner (Greenwood, Clark Co., Wis.) (06 Aug 1925)
Johns, Edith (JUL 1925)
A pretty church wedding took place at St. John's Lutheran Church yesterday afternoon at 4 o'clock, when Miss Edith Johnson, this city, was united in the holy bonds of matrimony to Mr. Frank Hepburn of Greenwood, (Clark Co.), Wis., the ceremony being performed by Rev. A.F. Augustine.
The bride was attired in a white beaded georgette dress and wore a white hat. She carried a bridal bouquet of pink roses and swansonia. Miss Jessie Severson of Eau Claire was bridesmaid.
The groom was attended by Walter Stauss of this city.
Miss Lydia Droege presided at the pipe organ, rendering Mendelsohn's Wedding March. Miss Olga Baker sang, "Oh Promise Me."
Following the ceremony a banquet supper was served at the banquet room of the Commercial Hotel, at which were present about fifty guests.
The bride is one of Eau Claire's popular young ladies, who has lived all her life in this city, being a graduate of the Eau Claire school and since then she served in the position as private secretary to the city superintendent of schools. She is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Conrad Johns, old time residents.
Mr. Hepburn is the son of Mr. and Mrs. C.P. Hepburn of Prairie Farm and is now located at Greenwood, Wis., where he is manager, as well as a stockholder in the Farmers' Store of that city.
The following out of town guests were present at the wedding: Mr. and Mrs. C.P. Hepburn, Prairie Farm, Wis.; Mr. and Mrs. Henry Schneider, Chippewa Falls; J.D. Melhinch and daughter Harriet, Appleton; Mr. and Mrs. R.E. Smith, Wausau' Mr. and Mrs. T.E. Noyes, Winter.
The newlyweds departed in the evening on an auto trip to Chain of Lakes, Waupaca, where they will spend a short honeymoon, after which they will be at home in Greenwood. (Eau Claire Leader)
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs