BioM: Schultze, Shirley (1947)
Surnames: Schultze, Wojcik, Vanderhyden
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 11/27/1947
Schultze, Shirley (12 NOV 1947)
Miss Shirley Schultze, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Theo. N. Schultze of Stanley, became the bride of William Wojcik, son of Mr. and Mrs. John Wojcik of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), in an afternoon ceremony at St. Hedwig’s Rectory, Thorp, at four o’clock, Nov. 12, 1947. Father Kaim read the service.
For her wedding the bride chose a white gabardine street length suit, accented with a dark brown picture hat and long brown gloves, and she carried a small white and gold bag. She wore a gold bracelet, the gift of the groom. Her flowers were an effective corsage of red roses.
Miss Audrey Schultze, sister of the bride, was bridesmaid. She wore a suit identical to the bride’s, complimented with black accessories. Her flowers were roses in a corsage and she wore a gold bracelet, a gift of the bride. Wilfred E. Vanderhyden, a friend of the groom, was best man.
A seven o’clock wedding dinner was served to 21 guests, members of the immediate families at the Hotel Stanley. A wedding dance honoring the couple was held in the American legion Hall, Thorp, in the evening.
The bride is a graduate of Stanley High School and is employed as a laboratory technician at Blue Moon Foods, Inc., Thorp.
Mr. Wojcik is a graduate of Thorp High School and a former service man, having served three years in the Army Air Forces. He is also a graduate of the Milwaukee School of Electrical Engineering, and is now employed by the Rusch Electric Co., Thorp, in the electrical and refrigeration fields.
The Wojciks returned from a short honeymoon trip on Tuesday evening and were supper guests of the bride’s parents, Mr. and Mrs. Schultze at Stanley. They are now at home in Thorp.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs