BioM: Smith, Marian (1948)
Surnames: Shuk, Smith, Haas, Micholowski, Piotrowski
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 07/01/1948
Smith, Marian (26 JUN 1948)
Miss Marian Smith, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Harry Smith of Stanley, became the bride of Andrew Shuk, son of Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Shuk, Sr. of Chicago, in a ceremony performed by Father Leo Pollock at St. Mary’s Church, Stanley, at ten o’clock on the morning of Saturday, June 26th, 1948, which day was also the 24th wedding anniversary of the bride’s parents.
The bride was beautifully attired in a gown of white satin with double lace peplum on dress and fingertip veil with double lace. Her wedding bouquet was of Johanna Hill roses with matching streamers.
Attending the couple were Edward Smith, brother of the bride, and Mildred Haas, who wore a blue velva-ray dress with picture hat. Miss Bernice Haas, bridesmaid, was attired in blue velva-ray and maid of honor, Harriet Smith, wore a pink velva-ray dress. Both bridesmaids and maid of honor wore picture hats and silver necklaces, the gift of the bride. They carried bouquets of pink carnations.
The groom was also attended by his brother, Wm. Micholowski of Chicago.
Carolyn Smith, sister of the bride, attired in white velva-ray as flower girl, carried a profusion of pink, white and blue carnations. Bobby Piotrowski, the groom’s nephew of Chicago, served as ring bearer.
The reception to the couple was held at the American Legion Hall at Thorp, attended by about 80 guests, with a dance in the evening.
The bride has been employed as clerk at the Thorp Farmers Store and the groom at the Blue Moon Foods, Inc. They will reside in Thorp.
Guests from out of town who were present for the wedding were: Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Shuk, Sr., Mr. and Mrs. Pete Piotrowski, Mr. and Mrs. William Micholowski, Mr. and Mrs. Casey Twarowski, Mr. and Mrs. Chester Piotrowski, Mr. and Mrs. Albert Hevier, Mrs. Madden, all of Chicago; Mrs. Edna Wilson of Eau Claire; Mr. and Mrs. Steve Hevier and other relatives.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs