BioM: Phillips, Ann (1936)
Surnames: Phillips, Herrmann, Wenta, Baranczyk, Atchinson, Zillmann, Schmidt, Pipcorn, Helse, Leichtnam
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark Co., Wis.) 09/24/1936
Phillips, Ann (Marriage - 14 Sept. 1936)
Miss Ann Phillips, daughter of Mrs. Catherine Phillips, Milwaukee, and Harold Herrmann, Milwaukee, son of Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Herrmann, Curtiss, were united in marriage at a pretty ceremony on Monday Sept. 14 at nine o’clock at St. Stanislaus Catholic church, Milwaukee, the Rev. M. Wenta performing the ceremony.
The bride wore a very pretty dark blue velvet gown with hat to match. She carried a colonial bouquet of mixed flowers. She was attended by her sister, Miss Lucielle Phillips, who wore a gown of rust velvet. The groom was attended by Edward Baranczyk. A reception to immediate relatives was held at the home of the bride’s mother and a dinner at a hotel.
The bride has been employed as clerk at the Bradley Knitting Co. for several years. The groom has a position with the Standard Oil Co. at Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Out of town guests at the wedding were Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Herrmann of Curtiss, and Ronald Herrmann and Miss Mildred Atchinson, Columbus. The young couple are spending their honeymoon with his parents at Curtiss.
A shower was given to Mr. and Mrs. Harold Herrmann by relatives, Sunday evening at the Wm. Herrmann home. Pinochle was played and prizes were awarded Mrs. Alfred Herrmann, Edward Zillmann, Mrs. Harold Herrmann and Charles Schmidt. Mrs. Harold Herrmann received the guest prize. Those present were Mr. and Mrs. Gaylord Pipcorn, Riplinger; Mr. and Mrs. Edward Zillmann, Alfred Herrmann and family, Oscar Herrmann and family and Miss Alvina Helse, Colby; Mr. and Mrs. Charles Schmidt, Milan; Mr. and Mrs. Donald Zillmann, Eau Claire; and Albert Leichtnam and family, Abbotsford, Wis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs