BioM: Green, Eleanor (1936)
Surnames: Green, Smiley, Welles, Smiley, Bro, Skidmore, Bulgrin
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark Co., Wis.) 01/07/1937
Green, Eleanor (Marriage - 31 Dec. 1936)
A double wedding ceremony performed at Lancaster Thursday at 10:30 a.m. united in marriage Miss Eleanor Green and Leland Smiley, both of Curtiss, and Miss Dorothy M. Welles and Roger Green, both of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The marriage service was read by Miss Welle’s father, the Rev. S. B. Welles, in the presence of immediate relatives.
Miss Ruth Green and Donald Smiley attended Mr. and Mrs. Smiley. The bride, a daughter of Mrs. Minnie Green, of Curtiss, wore a gown of brown velvet and carried a bouquet of white roses. Her bridesmaid was attired in rust crepe and carried talisman roses. Mr. Smiley is a son of Mr. and Mrs. L. W. Smiley, Curtiss.
Mrs. Green, wearing a brown velvet frock and carrying white roses, was attended by Miss Emma Bro. Miss Bro’s dress was of rust crepe, and talisman roses were combined in her bouquet. The groom, a son of Mrs. Minnie Green, Curtiss, was attended by Robert Green as best man.
After the ceremony a wedding breakfast was served at the home of Mrs. Green’s parents, Rev. and Mrs. Welles, with covers laid for 21. Candlelight and decorations in keeping with the holiday season lent a festive appearance to the residence.
Out of town guests present were Mrs. Minnie Green, Neal Green, May and Elizabeth Scidmore, Mrs. L. W. Smiley and Donald Smiley, all of Curtiss; Mrs. DuWayne Bulgrin, of Marshfield; Miss Ruth Green, Eau Claire; and Robert Green, La Crosse.
Mr. and Mrs. Smiley will reside at Curtiss, where the groom is employed as a Northern States Power Co., lineman. Milwaukee will be the home of Mr. and Mrs. Green. The groom is an instructor in the Milwaukee School of Engineering.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs