BioM: Mattes, Marion M. #3 (1948)
Surnames: Mattes, Autio, Sniegowski
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 09/30/1948
Mattes, Marion M. #3 (25 SEP 1948)
Marion Mae Mattes, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Harold Mattes of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), became the bride of Mr. George E. Autio, son of Rev. and Mrs. George Autio of Harrison, Maine, in a ceremony performed by Rev. T. C. Bundgaard, pastor of the Danish Lutheran Church of Withee, at 6:00 o’clock Saturday evening, Sept. 25th, at the home of the bride’s parents in the Town of Reseburg.
The bride chose for her wedding, a toast suit with bronze accessories and wore a corsage of yellow orchids.
Her attendant, Miss Loretta Sniegowski, as maid of honor wore an aqua suit with black accessories and a corsage of sweetheart roses.
The groom who was attired in a brown suit, was attended by Clarence Mattes, brother of the bride.
The wedding dinner, attended by the close relatives and friends was served at the Sky Club and a dance was given in the evening at Mileaway Ballroom.
The bride is a graduate of Thorp High School and attended Milwaukee Business School. The groom is a former resident of Owen and a graduate of the Owen High School. The newlyweds will spend their honeymoon in the state of Maine and make their future home at Harrison, Maine. The groom is now attending school at the Bridgton Academy in Maine.
Relatives and friends from away who were present at the wedding were: Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Francis, Milwaukee; Mr. and Mrs. Pat McCaron, Dorchester; Mr. and Mrs. Guy Jewett, West Salem; Mr. and Mrs. Fred Behrens, Greenwood; Leopold Caseman, Wishek, N.D.; Mr. and Mrs. Peter, McMillan, Henry B. Mauel, Jr., Owen; Mr. and Mrs. Eugene Keskimaki, Withee; Mr. and Mrs. Philip Neis, Milwaukee; Mr. and Mrs. Gene Pollack, Milwaukee; Miss Amy Ammentorp, Withee.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs