Obit: Barker, Eva #2 (1869 - 1937)
Surnames: Barker, Brandt, Johnson, Martin, Miller, Peters, Martins, Moore, Rutzky, McCarron, Moss, Oehler, D’Razio, Stabnow, Laack, Winer
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark Co., Wis.) 07/15/1937
Barker, Eva (4 Aug. 1869 - 11 July 1937)
Funeral services for Miss Eva Barker, age 67, were held Wednesday at 1:00 p.m. at the home and at 2:00 p.m. from the Christ Evangelical Lutheran church, with the Rev. John Brandt officiating. Internment was made at the Dorchester cemetery.
The deceased was born at Plover, Aug. 4, 1869 and at the age of three, came with her parents to the town of Holton where they took a homestead. It was here she received her education and at the age of 16 began teaching in the town of Johnson. She followed this profession until 1913 when she purchased a home here where she has since resided.
She is survived by a step-sister, Mrs. Emma Johnson, Stevens Point; three sisters, Mrs. Mable Martin, Dorchester; Mrs. Tom Miller, Withee, and Mrs. Fred Peters, Fond du Lac, and two brothers, Seth and George, of Abbotsford, Wis.
Pallbearers were the nephews, Lloyd Martins, Fayne Moore, Clarence and Vernon Miller, Elmo and Arnold Barker.
The flowers were carried by children of the nieces of the deceased, Harriet Rutzky, Mae Leone Moore, Barker Moore and Neil McCarron.
Out of town relatives and friends who attended the funeral were Mr. and Mrs. Fred Peters, Fond du Lac; Clint Moss, Stanley; Mr. and Mrs. Lee Moss and daughters, Stevens Point; Mrs. Cecil Oehler, Park Falls; Mrs. Guy D’Razio, Medford; Mrs. M. Stabnow, Greenwood; Mr. and Mrs. Tom Miller and children, Mrs. Andrew Miller, Withee; Mr. and Mrs. Paul Rutzky, Miss Harriet Rutzky, Lloyd Martins, Marshfield, Mr. and Mrs. Pat McCarron and son, Harold Martins, Mr. and Mrs. Oscar Laack, Mrs. Fred Winer and son, Walter, Dorchester, Wis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs