BioM: Rogalski, Caroline (1948)
Surnames: Sniegowski, Rogalski, Jaskot, Hmielak, Kaczmarek, Przybylski
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 12/09/1948
Rogalski, Caroline (24 NOV 1948)
Miss Caroline Rogalski, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Martin Rogalski of Withee (Clark Co., Wis.), became the bride of Florian Sniegowski, son of Mr. and Mrs. Jacob Sniegowski of Thorp, in a double ring ceremony solemnized at St. Hedwig’s Catholic Church here on Nov. 24th, 1948, at 9:00 a.m., Rev. Francis Piekarski officiated.
Ray Rogalski, the bride’s brother, served as best man, and Miss Loretta Sniegowski, sister of the groom, was first bridesmaid. She was dressed in an aqua velvet gown, and wore a rhinestone necklace, the bride’s gift.
The bride was beautifully attired in a white velvet gown with veil and long train which fell from a crown of white velvet trimmed with beaded pearls. She wore a white velvet muff and pearl necklace, the groom’s gift, and her wedding bouquet was of orchids.
Mrs. Blanch Jaskot was matron of honor, attired in yellow velvet with the bride’s gift of a rhinestone necklace. Attending the bride was Jane Hmielak, who wore a dress of aqua velvet and rhinestone necklace, gift of the bride. They carried yellow roses on muffs.
During the ceremony the bride carried a bouquet of flowers to the Blessed Virgin altar and Lillian Kaczmarek sang.
Ushers were Chester Sniegowski and Louis Przybylski, who with the groom, wore tuxedos.
After the ceremony a reception was held at St. Hedwig’s Hall. The couple spent their honeymoon in Chicago and southern Illinois.
The groom is a graduate of Thorp High School and the bride of Owen High School. They will make their home on the groom’s farm in the Town of Reseburg.
Guests from out of town were Mr. and Mrs. Nick Schumacher and daughter Kay of Elk Mound, Wis.; Mr. and Mrs. Frank Lutz of Chicago; Mr. and Mrs. Edward Miller of Miladore; Mr. and Mrs. Elvis Morris and daughter Sharon of Mason, Ill.; and Ted Przybylski and Edward Sopiarz of Madison, Wis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs