Bio: Salter, R. B. (History - 1854)

Contact: Janet Schwarze.

Surnames: SALTER ENGLEHARD

----Source: 1881 HISTORY OF NORTHERN WI, Chicago: The Western Historical Company, A. T. Andreas, Proprietor (grammar as is), Pg. 249

Richard B. Salter, County Judge.

Judge Saltler is a native of Wisconsin. He was born in Washington County, Wisconsin in1854. In 1875 he commenced the study of law at West Bend, Wis. He afterward entered the law department of the Wisconsin University and graduated from that institution in 1878. The following year he came to Colby, Clark County, Wisconsin, and commenced practicing law. In Colby he has built up a large law practice, and is also engaged quite largely in farming and lumbering. He was formerly town clerk of Colby township and afterwards chairman of the town. In 1889 he was elected to the office of county judge for four years, which office he is now filing.

"Clark County Illustrated" by Saterlee, Tifft & Marsh; 1890

R. B. SALTER, attorney, Colby, was born in Washington Co., Wis., April 11, 1854. He grew up and attended school here soon began teaching taught, in all, about thirty-one months, having received his education in the West Bend High School and Mann's Commercial College of Fond du Lac. He commenced reading law with Priest Carter, of Fond du Lac, in 1875 then next season with Frisbie, Weil Barney, completing his course at the University at Madison this was in 1877. He located at Colby in 1878, and now has a steadily increasing practice. In 1880, he married Miss Sarah Englehard.



 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE