Obit: Kangas, Elma Esther (1924 - 2016)
Contact: Robert Lipprandt
Surnames: Kangas, Saari, Uttech
----Source: The Heindl Funeral Home (Prentice, WI) 3/02/2016
Kangas, Elma Esther (Saari) (31 MAR 1924 - 1 MAR 2016)
Elma Esther Kangas, 91, former Brantwood resident, died in the Riverview Nursing Home in Tomahawk, Wisconsin, on Tuesday, March 1, while under the care of Asera Care Hospice.
She was born in Clifford, Wisconsin, on March 31, 1924, to Hilja and John Saari.
She was a 1942 graduate of the Tripoli High School. After school she left for Milwaukee where she worked at Globe Union WWII until the spring of 1945. She returned home to the farm and that fall on November 17, 1945, married Emil Kangas.
They made their home in Brantwood on her husband’s farm. To this union there were born three sons. She served on the Somo Cemetery Board, and was a member of the Libertybelle Homemakers Club. In her free time she enjoyed knitting, gardening, a little travel, enjoyed meeting with friends at the Brantwood Community Center, spending time with her cats, and in younger years, playing the accordion.
She is survived by one son, Willard (Nancy), Menasha, WI; by one brother, John William “Bill” (Betty) Saari, Prentice; by two grandchildren, Derek Kangas, Tripoli, and Lee Kangas; by 7 grandchildren, and by nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her husband, Emil, on September 29, 2005; and by her twin sons, Charles and Chester.
Services will be held at 11:00 A.M. on Saturday, March 5, at the Trinity Lutheran Church in Prentice with Pastor Gary Uttech officiating. Interment will be in the Somo Cemetery in Tripoli. Friends may call at the church on Saturday from 10:00 A.M. until the time of services.
Online condolences may be expressed at www.heindlfuneralhome.com.
The Heindl Funeral Home in Prentice is assisting the family with funeral arrangements.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs