Obit: Rogalski, Joseph W. (1886 – 1969)
Surnames: Rogalski, Mycon, Johnson, Fripek, Lendosky, Chilicki, Matzek, Balcer, Maslowski, Kaminski, Borowski
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 10 Apr 1969
Rogalski, Joseph W. (3 MAR 1886 – 22 MAR 1969)
Joseph W. Rogalski, 83, resident of the Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.) community, passed away at Victory Memorial Hospital Saturday, March 22, 1969, from congestive heart failure.
The deceased was born in Lemont, Ill., on March 3, 1886. He came to Thorp with his parents at an early age, where he worked in logging camps in northern Wisconsin, and also was engaged in farming.
He was united in marriage to Josephine Mycon at St. Hedwig's Church on September 13, 1910, after which they resided on a farm in the town of Reseburg for 42 years, till their retirement in 1951, when they moved to the city of Thorp.
He leaves to mourn, his wife Josephine; 2 sons, Edward of Schiller Park, Ill., Henry of Thorp, Wis.; three daughters, Mrs. J. Johnson (Lillian) of Superior, Wis., Mrs. F. Fripek (Nettie) of Philadelphia, Pa., and Mrs. R. Lendosky (Clara) of West Bend, Wis. A daughter, Clara, preceded him in death on April 28, 1922. Also surviving are 10 grandchildren, 4 great-grandchildren and one brother, Martin Rogalski of Withee, Wis.
He was a lifelong member of St. Hedwig's Parish, a member of the Polish Roman Catholic Union of America and the Polish National Alliance. A parish vigil and rosary was held on Sunday, March 23, 1969. Father C. Chilicki conducting.
Funeral services were held Monday, March 24, 1969 at 11:00 a.m. from the thorp Funeral Home to St. Hedwig's Chapel, Father Wm. Matzek officiating. Interment was made in the family lot of St. Hedwig's Cemetery.
Pallbearers were John Balcer, Anton Maslowski, Stanley Lendosky, Mike Kaminski, Stanley Borowski and Chester Rogalski.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs